Tuesday 24 February 2009

And again

OK, this is pretty much everyday. I'm going to have to start being more fussy with the headlines I choose.




So this article is about how the taxpayer payed for a released Guantanamo Bay inmate to be flown back to Britain for an outrageous amount, and how he could claim upto £21, 600 in benefits, which "is around £5000 more than earned by a frontline British soldier risking his life to fight Mohamed's alleged Taliban associates in Afghanistan."

Again its the all important details they fail to linger on, such as Guantanamo Bay was an illegal prison (that was the result of the 'war on terror' that British tax payers spent billions on) that kept British citizens detained without charge for up to seven years, while the British government did nothing. This whole messed up situation is the fault of the governments of the Western world (primarily the US, obviously) - not some poor guy who was probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh, and there was also this. It is constant with the Daily Express. Seriously, who reads all this stuff? I'm going to be honest; I didn't. I haven't read this article. I have heard it all before. It's pathetic. It is presenting scapegoats to a nation scared by some 'credit crunch' in order to make money.



Who's to blame tomorrow? I bet they aren't English.

No comments:

Post a Comment